Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Taking refuge

In today's audio-blog, I use the example of a red-eyed vireo I heard this morning as he sang from an unlikely perch: a cluster of trees behind my neighbor's suburban house. Although we, like that vireo, might feel out-of-place in a world that is hectic and chaotic, spiritual practice can be a refuge to which we return time and again: a spot of sanity we find as we follow our breath in the here and now.

Click here for more information about red-eyed vireos, including pictures and a sound clip.

this is an audio post - click to play

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lorianne, I just want to say thank for offering us the refuge of this space and your own wise voice. I mean that on more than one level, actually, as you might guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home